Attack of the Spambots!

Announcements from the staff to the playerbase.
Squatting Monk
Head Developer
Google Talk:squattingmonk
Attack of the Spambots!

Post by Squatting Monk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:36 pm

We've been getting a lot of spambots registering lately and I've been deleting them as best I'm able. Now, since the server is still under construction, I don't expect anyone to really be signing up for the forums just yet. However, on the off chance that I delete the account of someone real that I thought was a spambot, you can email me at webmaster@shadowsandsilver.com. While I won't be able to restore your account, I can make a note of your username so it doesn't happen again.

Of course, the best thing to do is not get deleted in the first place. That usually means making your username something recognizable. If you can, make your username match your NWN player name. Eventually your forum account will be linked to your player account, and there'll be some nifty-neat features you'll be able to access through it. Making your account names match means it's easier on me to figure out who's who.
Squatting Monk

Sherincall
Senior Developer
Google Talk:Sherincall@gmail.com

Re: Attack of the Spambots!

Post by Sherincall » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Made the CAPTCHA a lot harder. If the spambots persist, I can make it even harder. Hopefully this won't harm anyone trying to register. Still, they should be able to figure it out in a few tries.
Brother Silence: He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent!
DM: Lose fifty experience.