First early version of Lifeloch website released

All discussion about the Shadows & Silver module and world.
paulokrantz
Project Contributor
First early version of Lifeloch website released

Post by paulokrantz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 am

Right, finally I uploaded the first version of the website, which you can find at http://www.lifeloch.org

There is a bunch of known and reported issues, like the background showing as solid dark red on the sides where the background image doesn't reach (only visible at high screen resolution), and obviously things to change in module positions etc, but the structure and the overall look should be close to what I'm looking for, and from now on I believe I'll be only expanding and improving on the current version rather than doing radical changes.

Let me know what you think so far, either here or through the comment function on the website itself (be aware that the comments will be erased when I'll upload the next version though).

I also disabled registration for the time being, for the same reason.

paulokrantz
Project Contributor

Re: First early version of Lifeloch website released

Post by paulokrantz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm replying here as I already need to take down the website while I do adjustments and changes on the server
sherincall wrote:Unless there's a really good reason not to do so, I think you should move the 'loch world/ruleset/CC sections to either sidebar. The above picture already takes a lot of space (especially on a 16:9 monitor) and it's really tedious to scroll down to see the posts. That and I don't like how they move left-right. Up-down is much better.
Yes I agree, visually they aren't good and can be annoying. I'll try to fit that module in some other position.
sherincall wrote:(PS: Change the default color of the text on the Send button to something visible maybe? )
If you refer to the comment system, that is actually a plugin from a third party, which translates to "the theme it uses doesn't match the main website template, and will require some manual adjustments to fix it". It's on the list, as it is the replacement of the smilies with a dark themed set

Sherincall
Senior Developer
Google Talk:Sherincall@gmail.com

Post by Sherincall » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:39 pm

paulokrantz wrote:as it is the replacement of the smilies with a dark themed set
Oooooh! Make them gargoyles! :mrgreen:
Brother Silence: He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent!
DM: Lose fifty experience.

Ben Harrison
Project Contributor
Google Talk:Ben.842@gmail.com

Post by Ben Harrison » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 am

Oooh. Let us know when it's online again, I can't wait to check it out.