Get to know your fellow players..

Talk about general stuff not related to Shadows & Silver. Just, please, no pointless spam.
Squatting Monk
Head Developer
Google Talk:squattingmonk
Re: Get to know your fellow players..

Post by Squatting Monk » Thu May 21, 2009 2:39 am

Casa wrote:...go back into unemployment after 4 years of growing hate against this whole fashion/advertising scene. It basically ruined my hobby, which was doing graphics stuff for myself and not for others, and that's where it should go back to. So I hope to get back to studying, maybe cultural sciences or something that feeds my brain again, you can cross your fingers for me that it'll work out.
Looks like I might be getting to join your club before too long. Word came down today that, as of October, all the part-time employees will be getting laid off. Though I don't work part-time hours, my position is officially part-time, so I'm on the chopping block. I think the marketing work I've been doing lately may save me, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm glad they're giving me time to try to find something else, though.

Here's to uncertainty! ;)
Squatting Monk

Alyzr
Player

Post by Alyzr » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:12 am

Good evening! I am Alyzr. I live in New York (Not to be confused with New York City!). I am seventeen years old, an aspiring writer, and my will to roleplay and write stems from the lyrical genius of The Mars Volta. My false sense of intelligence is only bolstered by my ability to wrap my tongue around the English language. I lack any form of common sense, or real world knowledge. I enjoy philosophy, and an Agnostic. I am a vegetarian, and believe in animal rights (Did you know that the common pig is as intelligent as a three year old?)

In terms of role playing environments, I prefer the darker, more gruesome environments. I have a tendency to play stealth oriented characters, usually thieves and illusionists. I enjoy the true deception that I can bring with mixing classes and story lines. I like to come up with false aliases for my characters, and tend to stick with similar mindsets. My evil characters are evil for a reason, and rarely completely so.

My musical interests consist mainly of The Mars Volta and The Fall of Troy, to a lesser extent, Infected Mushroom. My favorite movie is Requiem for a Dream. I don't read many books. My computer skills are modest at best.

:P

Squatting Monk
Head Developer
Google Talk:squattingmonk

Post by Squatting Monk » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 am

Welcome, Alyzr! Sounds like you'll be a great fit for S&S. Now if I cans top fooling around and actually get some stuff done on the module...
Squatting Monk

Alyzr
Player

Post by Alyzr » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:00 am

Hurry!

Ben Harrison
Project Contributor
Google Talk:Ben.842@gmail.com

Post by Ben Harrison » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Welcome Alyzr, nice to see another vegetarian (though I'm a vegan myself) writer/roleplayer around.

And I second this notion:
Alyzr wrote:Hurry!

Sherincall
Senior Developer
Google Talk:Sherincall@gmail.com

Post by Sherincall » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Righto. Just got a new batch of inspiration, so back to coding after weeks. Still don't have that much time, but damned if I can't find a few hours a day for this.

I'm gonna try and get the first version of the ruleset ready as soon as possible, so that our new found friend Alyzr here gets a chance to take it for a test drive. I know I've said that before, but hey.. Every time I say it, I get a bit closer to the end, and there isn't much left to do.

And, good news: if all turns out well, come February I'll have all the time I need, so some nifty new stuff is coming, too.

EDIT: Cleaned it up a bit. If y'all see me writin' with that Baltimore black ghetto accent again, jus' kick me till that sh*t's outta ma mutha****** head.. We aight on that, dawg? :roll:
Brother Silence: He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent!
DM: Lose fifty experience.